Sunday, April 28, 2013

What is a Baby Shower????


This past Saturday I attended a friend's baby shower.  The day that I got the invitation I showed it to Adrian and told him about it.  The kids overheard me so they asked what a Baby Shower was. Then with all the innocence that exists in their mind and hearts they came up with their own answer...  Apparently at a baby shower you get a baby and each guests showers a different part of the child.

I thought it was so funny but I explained to them that you "shower" the parents-to-be with gifts for the new baby they are expecting... They understood that it was a party so I left it at that but a few days later when I went to buy the gifts Francesca insisted I buy shampoo and soap because that is what you need for a shower.  So it was the running joke, whenever someone me about my plans for Saturday I would say that I was going to shower a baby.

No comments: