Thursday, August 02, 2007

Quick Trip to the Hospital gave me a Baby Boy

Now I will tell you all the important pre-birth details...

Earlier Wednesday I had a doctors appointment but I never thought that at night I would be at the hospital with contractions.

I went to work after my appointment and apparently I was having contractions all day but due to my lack of pregnancy experience I thought they were just cramps from the exam that I had at the doctors office.

When I left work I started having different kinds of "CRAMPS" but this time I noticed that they were coming rhythmically and that they were 5 minutes apart. At this moment I realized that Felipe was ready to make his grand arrival.

When I got home and got out of the car, I felt a small release of fluid so I thought that my water had broken, but apparently I had just lost my mucous plug.

We were suppose to go to my mother-in-law's house that night but that didn't happen. I called my doctor's office and the doctor told me to head to Kendall Regional. Luckily the hospital is only 3 minutes away. I was admitted and taken to a Birthing Room.

The contractions starting getting worse as time progressed but I didn't want to get the epidural

No comments: