Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Meme

Amanda posted a couple of Holiday Memes so I decided to join them and answer all the questions... Enjoy!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper unless the gift is to difficult to wrap then I will put it into a gift bag.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real it makes the house smell all piney...

3. When do you put up the tree? Second weekend of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? When it starts to dry-up.

5. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Red, White and Gold... Inherited ornaments from our moms.

6. What tops your tree? A red and gold metal star.

7. Favorite gift you received as a child? Not sure...

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A polyster SILVER shirt :-(

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes but we did not put it this year... Not really sure why not.

10. Hardest person to buy for? My husband because he never really wants anything... I have to start thinking back to stuff that he has mentioned throughout the year.

11. Easiest person to buy for? My grandmother.

12. Do you hang mistletoe? NOPE :-(

13. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them... Although I was a bit late this year.

14. Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street.

15. When do you start shopping? This year I had most of my shopping done before Black Friday. Usually, I'm not that good about it.

16. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh Yeah...

17. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies.

18. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored because our clear ones where not cooperating.

19. Favorite Christmas song? "The Magic Of Christmas Day " by Celine Dion.

20. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home and visit family throughout the city.

21. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeers? Of course!

22. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas day with the family as we house-hop.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The lines, and how people get so nasty and impatient during such a beautiful time of the year.

24. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Yes I do!

25. What would you like for Christmas? Nothing really. Just grateful to be surrounded by loving family and friends!

26. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate cuz I don't like the taste of Egg Nog.

27. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My grandmother's pork.

28. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cookies

29. Favorite holiday memory as a child. Gathering at my grandparent's apartment and waiting for midnight to open our presents.

30. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 9 years old... I woke up and saw my parents putting the presents next to my bed... I had to keep quiet though cuz my cousins were only 4 & 5 and there was no reason to ruin it for them.

31. Snow. Love it or dread it? I was born in NY so I miss not having snow on Christmas but that is the only time that I really miss it.

32. Can you ice skate? Nope. I tried once and fell on my ASS.

33. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family and Friends.

34. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Shopping for gifts, visiting family, gift-giving, decorating. ALL OF IT... I LOVE XMAS!

35. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Both... I love the anticipation of seeing what I am gonna get but I also like to see peoples faces when the open their presents.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: